INCLUSIVE CLASSROOM BRICK PROJECT
This project is an initiative of ITCIG-Special Educational Needs Teachers’ Training Institute – A social Enterprise Institution in Cameroon situated in the North West Region of the country – that is pioneering the ongoing development and implementation of the Cameroon Inclusive Special Education Teacher Training Empowerment Programme (CISETTEP) – geared towards the training and qualifying of Inclusive Special Educators – who are inculcated with versatile knowledge and skills to assist in removing artificial barriers to access to diverse overall opportunities for all as well as increase quality and appropriate access to education and other services for all. The focus of the project is to foster inclusive practices across sectors by use of Inclusive Human Resources .
ITCIG-SENTTI runs from a temporary rented site. We are doing all we can to solicit for financial support to add six (06) additional classrooms and four (04) toilets to the five (05) classrooms and four toilets which we have started constructing. Therefore, we are trying to solicit to interested persons to assist us in our effort to construct classrooms – required for the training and qualifying of Inclusive -Special Education Teachers.
Twenty thousand (20,000) bricks are required for the construction of the said additional classrooms and toilets, we are trying to get people donate towards the purchase of the 20,000 bricks. Each brick cost One Pound (£1:00). We are optimistic that, with Support of friends and World wishers – we would be able to raised £21000- out of which £20000 would meet the cost to produce 20,000 bricks, while the extra £1000 makes up the 5% that Crowdfunder would take off at the end. Hence, with the grand total as £21000. We are hopeful that, the amount would enable us to meet the intended target of the project.
The focus of our Training programme is:- to foster inclusive education, practices and development across sectors in Cameroon by training and making available inclusive humane- who are competent to work for and with learners with and without exceptional needs. Our driving force is our zeal to ensure every child is taught by a qualified teacher purposefully trained to meet their unique individual learning needs.
Unfortunately, many children living with special needs and disabilities do not still have access to quality formal education in Cameroon. Meanwhile, the insignificant percentage that does access formal education are often taught at segregated special schools and by unqualified teachers. The project aim is to assist in promoting quality access to education for all learners with a strong focus to learners at the foundation school level (Nursery and Primary school) in Cameroon. We belief this can only be addressed through the training of Inclusive -Special Educators -who would possess the relevant knowledge, understand and skills to meet the needs of inclusive education, development and practices across sectors. Through the breed of teachers, we train, pupils irrespective of strengths, needs and disabilities are increasing being enrolled and taught at least restrictive learning environment like peers without a history of disability and special educational needs.
Please, kindly support us to build Inclusive Classrooms and Improve the teaching and learning environment for Inclusive -Special Education Students-teachers who are being trained and qualified in collaboration with Multi-discipline Agencies to work for and with children with and without Exceptional Needs and their families. Inclusive Education teachers are assisting in removing artificial barriers and well as enhancing access to quality basic education and other socio-economic opportunities for children living with disabilities and having special educational needs.
Please, the cost of a brick is £1:00, we need 20,000 Bricks, if you can sacrifice just £1.00, Your One Pound would be contributing towards us: –
- acquiring the 20,000 blocks needed for the construction of six (6) accessible new classrooms, four (4) accessible Toilets and a Multi-media Resource Room.
- Your contribution to this project will be making it possible for us to intensify the training of Inclusive -Special Educators locally in Cameroon.
- You would be enabling beneficiaries of the Inclusive -Special Education Training Programme to be taught and trained within a conducive teaching and learning environment,
- Similarly, you would also be enabling learners with disabilities and having special educational needs to be taught by qualified teachers – inculcated with competencies to work for and with learners with unique and diverse learning needs.
- You would also be contributing in increasing the enrolment of children living with disabilities into the Nursery and primary school.
- By and large, your contribution to this project will be increasing the level of engagement between teacher’s trainers and Student teachers, learners with exceptional needs, families and the communities.
- In a nutshell, your involvement would be enabling beneficiaries of the Inclusive -Special Education Training Programme to learn better and develop into well-educated and responsible Inclusive-Special Education Professionals-that are impacted with competencies to assist their local communities, families and the nation a large , in identifying and rendering inclusive sustainable solutions to some of the issues affecting exceptional individuals. By so doing, you would be aiding in fostering inclusive education and practices – which remain our main target for Cameroon. Please, do click on the below link to gain access to some of the photos of the project.